Sunday, January 2, 2011

líllébaby Eurotote Review

I am obsessed with infant carriers - I have a Moby wrap, a Kelty infant carrier, and a Seven sling. So when I had the opportunity to get a cradle infant carrier - the líllébaby Eurotote - and review it, I was delighted! I'd never seen, or heard of, anything quite like it.
When I first got the carrier, it reminded me of a baby sleeping bag- cozy, cute, and warm. It has many uses:
I was most excited to use the carrying option, since I have the most pathetic upper body strength in the free world. Really, it's just ridiculously pathetic. It's a sad sight, me heaving Gabe around in his infant carrier car seat. When I go to Target, I have to park near the carts, so I can just hoist his seat out of the car and into a shopping cart, instead of looking ridiculous trying to carry him into the store. I imagine this will only get worse as he gets older. (Every time I struggle to carry ONE baby into the store, I marvel that sometimes babies come two, or even three (!!) at a time. I just don't have the upper body strength for that. Please take note, uterus. No releasing multiple eggs a time, mmkay?)
I digress.
Since I couldn't imagine how this carrier worked before getting it, I wanted to make a short video demonstrating it so that anyone interested would get an idea of how it works:
[vimeo http://vimeo.com/17026815 w=600&h=480]
Gabe is obviously a BIG fan. ;)
After using it for a few weeks, here are my thoughts:
Yay!s (Pros):

  • So, so soft and cozy - I wouldn't object to an adult version of this.
  • Easy to wash- Many uses - keep baby warm in stroller, carry baby, or a clean place for baby to nap
  • MUCH lighter than an infant car seat to tote baby around
  • Adorable
  • Easily adjustable
  • Can be used for older children as a stroller bunting - meaning you can use this for longer than most baby wraps, slings, and carriers

Mmm, not so Yay!s (Cons):

  • Can be hard to keep the baby level horizontally (again, this might just be a result of aforementioned pathetic upper-body strength.)
  • Not a common type of carrier, so people may look at you like you have your baby in a duffel bag (not so much of a con for you, but for silly, judgmental strangers)
  • A bit more than I'd usually spend on a carrier
The bottom line? It's wonderfully cozy and comfortable for baby, and much easier to tote baby around - especially nice in these cold months coming up!
This review was made possible by Mom Spark Media. Thoughts are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment